3.13.2008

Vietnamese cuisine lunch and Bibimpap dinner

Well, I made bibimpap (Korean mixed rice) for dinner today from some leftover vegetables from the Vietnamese meal for lunch.

I was so lazy to make a proper lunch for my bro. So, a very basic meal with fried chicken, fried vegetables and sour egg soup. For the fried chicken, besides salt and pepper, my mom like to season chicken with some honey. However, I prefer sugar and a little of marinade ^^ My bro loved the fried chicken, and he also finished up the soup too. Not being boastful but my Vietnamese soup cooking is even better than my mom's :">

He left half of the vegetables (I really dont know how this kind of vegetables called in English but it sure is related with spinach), then, I decided to make some bibimpap for dinner. It was amazing!!! I love sesame oil!

So here is the recipe. I think that the quantity of ingredients should be adjusted according to your taste

For the topping
- Spinach
- Carrot
- Bean sprout
- Zucchini
- Sesame
- Egg
- Beef (season with sugar, salt, pepper, marinade, pear, soy sauce, garlic, dried green onion, and some mirin if you like)

For the sauce
- Mirin 1.5 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon dashi + 1 tablespoon, mix together and put the mixture on medium heat.
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Chili sauce (Gochujang is the best but if you cant find them, just chili sauce is fine. In Vietnam, I recommend "sa te")

Cooked rice (still hot) of course

How to make it:
For the vegetables in "for the topping" part, slice them into thin strips and fry with sesame oil and season with a little salt, remember to put them separately. Carrot can be boiled and then mixed with sesame oil, but I prefer fry them.
Then, put all the topping into a bowl of hot rice, pour the sauce in (adjust to your taste), toss some sesame in.
Fry the egg but remember to leave the yolk soft

Mix all the things up and serve.
Bibimpap goes extremely well with kimchi!

No comments: